Tuesday, November 25, 2008

An award

Look what Nuzzling Muzzles gave to me!



You know what's funny about blogs? I've "met" so many wonderful horsewomen through their blogs, and I would LOVE to go riding with them or just sit down for a cuppa (or a beer!) and talk horse for hours. I have a few 'horsie' friends near me, but in some ways our horse philosophies are very different and at times, those philosophies can create a bit of friction. Not too much, mind you, but sometimes it's hard to keep my mouth shut when one of those friends keeps doing the same silly (or dumb) thing over and over and over again and then wonders why her horse won't behave for her. I just keep my mouth shut and compliment her new boots/chaps/saddle pad/bridle.

We horse people are an interesting bunch. You either get it and love it, or you don't. It's a way of life, and ultimately, the way we treat and train our horses reflects on our own lives and how we treat those around us.

Reading Nuzzling Muzzles' progress with her own horses, and how she responds to the trials she faces in their training, speaks volumes to me about the kind of person she is. She's the kind of person I'd love to go for a nice, long, relaxing trail ride with.

2 comments:

  1. I too have just a few horsey friends, but on many occasions don't necessarily agree on training/riding/disciplining methods. And one thing about horse peoplewe are an opinionated bunch for sure!! I wanna come over and have a cuppa with you and talk horses and funny stories. I'm sure we'd both have lots to share especially with your Gabe and my Ladde!! Two of a kind, I'm pretty sure! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, thank you. I'm sure that if you were my riding partner I'd have a lot more confidence out there on those trails. I have a huge amount of respect for the knowledge you've shared with me.

    ReplyDelete